If you’d like to make a real difference to your community, then volunteering with TISBUS could be just what you’ve been looking for. We rely on having a strong team of dedicated volunteers to drive our fleet of minibuses and we are looking for more people to join the team.
You will be helping individuals and community groups across Tisbury and the Nadder Valley to carry out their day to day activities. This will include special outings, shopping, bingo, lunches and many other social activities. You will also help individuals with mobility problems to access key facilities and to lead full and active lives.
Private hire trips provide a flexible and affordable transport service to all members of the community and for visitors to the Tisbury area, and help generate essential revenue to fund TISBUS operations.
- To be aged 21 +
- Full UK driving licence
- Those interested in volunteering for TISBUS will be required to have an Enhanced DBS Check (TISBUS will meet the costs of this).
- Flexible volunteering
- Training to a nationally-recognised standard
- Opportunity to learn new job skills
- Opportunity to meet new people, and make a positive difference to their lives
- Working in a friendly, supportive environment
- Something worthwhile to do in your spare time
- Expenses paid
- Opportunity to work with a not-for-profit organisation that supports 100s of local people.
If you have the time to be a driver and are interested in helping, please ring:
Gordon Sorensen, chairman 01747 871717
Don McLaren, secretary 01722 714483